About the Publisher
The Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc. or PAIR is a body that aims to advance quality multidisciplinary research. It is a scientific and professional organization of research institutions, researchers, academicians, and educators with active member national and international individual members across the country and beyond. It is a SEC Registered with SEC registration number CN200728844. The founding of PAIR was envisaged by Dr. Genaro V. Japos, the former director of research of Liceo de Cagayan University, the institution base of the association located at the heart of Cagayan de Oro City, the center for commerce of Northern Mindanao, Philippines. To start up the founding of the organization, a meeting with the representatives of various tertiary schools in Mindanao was convened during the training of editors for a refereed research journal by Zonal Research Centre of the Commission on Higher Education at the Notre Dame of Marbel University, City of Koronadal, South Cotabato, on April 2, 2007. It was during that meeting that the association’s underlying principles were laid; the board of trustees was created, and the first sets of officers were elected. Three months later, on August 14, 2007, the association got its legal identity as it registered with the Philippine Securities and Exchange Commission. Almost a year after its SEC registration, the association was formally launched via its first CHED-endorsed national health and environment research forum held at the Xavier University – Ateneo de Cagayan on August 1 and Liceo de Cagayan University on August 2, 2008. By then, the first set of officers were inducted and the seven pioneering member-institutions took oath. Thereafter, succeeding CHED-endorsed research conferences, both national and international, were held in different venues, increasing the association’s membership.
Every Filipino researcher is cited in accredited, ISO certified, peer-reviewed, indexed and cross-referenced online journals in pursuant to ASEAN integration.
We commit ourselves to:
1. Implement an ISO certified Quality Management System for greater customer satisfaction;
2. Train for the expertise of Filipino researchers in scientific writing, peer-reviewed and journal management that meet the standards of the scientific community;
3. Recognize the achievements of researchers, research leaders and research institutions; and
4. Disseminate, publish and utilize multidisciplinary and discipline-specific research journals.
The Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc. or PAIR is a scientific and professional body of currently 151 higher education institutions in the Philippines on oath to advance quality multidisciplinary research.
- To implement the national research agenda of the Commission on Higher Education through collaboration with the Zonal Research Council across the country;
- To provide institutional mechanisms to strengthen research capability though joint research projects, publication to referred journals, public dissemination, exchange of expertise, research trainings, and dissemination of best practices;
- To facilitate the assistance of member institutions for revitalization of research programs for quality assurance requirements in the pursuit of accreditation, international certification, and institutional quality assurance for monitoring and evaluation (IQUAME);
- To published specialized research journals in the various disciplines that meet national and international standards;
- To create a system of rewards to recognize outstanding contributions of students, faculty and institutions in the promotion of research excellence in the country; and,
- To lead in the federation of research organizations and association in the country to widen its service and research advocacy.
PAIR is an affiliate of the Association of Institutional Research (AIR), United States of America (https://www.airweb.org/resources/affiliated-organizations). PAIR currently has four journals, namely; JPAIR Multidisciplinary Research, and JPAIR Institutional Research (https://philair.ph). JPAIR Journals are indexed in several reputable platforms, including DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals for JPAIR Multidisciplinary Research), Crossref, Google Scholar, Harvard Hollis, Index Copernicus International, and BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine). These indexing services play a vital role in ensuring the quality, accessibility, and discoverability of our articles.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
PAIR operates to provide member-institutions with mechanisms that train researchers and publish peer reviewed scientific journals that meet international standards, which are accessible online and print, archived, indexed and cross-referenced for utilization by end users globally. As ISO certified, PAIR has implemented a Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001:2008 by the AJA Registrar’s, Inc. based in the United Kingdom.
Qualification for Institutional and Individual Membership
- The institutional membership is open to all higher education institutions, basic education institutions government and private organizations, and government agencies;
- Presence of a research program;
- Institutional support to faculty and student engagement in research;
- Willingness to be mentored by the association;
- Commitment to support the association.
Download here: Institutional Membership form
- Open to all teachers and faculty in higher education institutions and basic education institutions;
- Open to all private and government personnel;
- Commitment for research engagement;
- Willingness to participate in trainings, publication and conferences;
- Interest to be given tasks in association for the various activities.
Download here: Individual Membership form
Board of Trustees
|Dr. Genaro V. Japos||Liceo de Cagayan University|
|Dr. Gilbert Arce||University of Northern Philippines|
|Dr. Ralph L. Pador||John B. Lacson Foundation Maritime University - MOLO|
|Capt. Luis Evidente||John B. Lacson Colleges Foundation - Bacolod|
|S. Ma. Marissa Viri, RVM||University of the Immaculate Conception|
|Dr. Victor M. Barosso||Bukidnon State University|
|President||Dr. Genaro V. Japos||Philippine Association of Institutions for Research|
|Vice President||Dr. Romeo D.Caturao||University of Antique – TLM Campus|
|Secretary||Dr. Jocelyn M. Santos||University of Perpetual Help Molino|
|Treasurer||Dr. Ryan D. Bastareche||University of Nueva Caceres|
|Auditor||Dr. Renan P. Limjuco||University of the Immaculate Conception|
|PIO||Dr. Leah Wilfreda R.Echavez||University of Bohol|
PAIR journals cover a broad range of scientific disciplines and feature articles published on an electronic platform each year.
JPAIR Multidisciplinary Research aims to publish new discoveries in the various disciplines of knowledge that are contributed by member researchers.
JPAIR Multidisciplinary Research is published by the Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc, an organization of 149 higher education institions and private non-government organizations in the Republic Of the Philippines. JPAIR is jointly owned by the member institutions.