Training–Workshop on Improving Scientific Research and Writing Skills with Focus on Writing a
Publishable Literature Review
April 21 to 24, 2019
Tagbilaran City, Bohol
One critical determinant of a good research manuscript is the way it is written and packaged. This aspect of the writing phase requires sound understanding and mastery of the conventions of grammar, lexicon, style, tone and voice. Some fledging researchers, and even the seasoned ones, tend to have some difficulties in these areas which preclude them from writing a scholarly research report. Hence, they resort to plagiarizing the work of others. To address these concerns, Association of Scholarly Editors in cooperation with Philippine Association of Institutions for Research cordially invites Mr. Vergel O. Santiago and other interested researchers, academicians, educators, deans, research head and directors, faculty, DepEd teachers, non-teaching staff, and government affiliates to attend the Training–Workshop on Improving Scientific Research and Writing Skills with Focus on Writing a Publishable Literature Review on April 21 to 24, 2019 at Dao Diamond Hotel,Tagbilaran City, Bohol.
- To write a publishable literature review;
- To explore scientific sources of research data.
- To test grammar and plagiarism in scientific, technical and business articles using state-of-the-art software techniques;
- To apply means to address lexical, grammatical and plagiarism issues for technical polish of manuscripts;
- To critique a whole research manuscript applying the principles and techniques learned;
- To establish policies and best practices for plagiarism and grammar error free manuscripts; and
- To explore ways to purchase and install software techniques for research purposes.
All participating trainees must register online and pay the non-refundable, non-transferable registration fee of 6,000 inclusive of food for the actual training days (AM and PM Snacks; lunch), certificates, IDs, training materials, among others. Payments should be made in advance to get a slot as the number of participants is only limited. The training shall be held on a live-out arrangement.
- Name of Bank: Banco de Oro
- Address: Max Y. Suniel St. cor. V. Neri St., Carmen, Cagayan de Oro, Philippines
- Account Name: Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc. Account Number: 3220020199
- Western Union Name of Recipient: Irish Jane P. Balios
- Address: 2F/-6 Montblanc Building, Burgos-Chavez St., Brgy 6, Cagayan de Oro City, Philippines
Please be guided that the actual training date is December 7 to 8 only. We just included the arrival and departure of the participants to be included in the travel request. Four days will be reflected in the certificate of completion and appearance and official receipt.
For further information and/or inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) or Ms. Irish Jane P. Balios (+63 09176366330) at PAIR Office, Door #6/2Flr. Montblanc Building, Burgos – Chavez Sts., Cagayan de Oro City.
Thank you and we are looking forward in seeing you at the training!
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
PAIR is a Securities and Exchange Commission registered organization with SEC Registration Number CN200728844. It is a scientific and professional organization of research institutions, researchers, academicians, and educators with currently 122 active member institutions and more than 3,000 national and international individual members across the country and beyond. It is an ISO 9001:2008 certified organization by AJA Registrars, Inc. and affiliated by the Association of Institutional Research (AIR), United States of America. PAIR organizes national and international conferences, publishes academic and scientific journals, and conducts national and international research trainings. PAIR provides recognition to researchers with outstanding achievements.
ASE is a Securities and Exchange Commission registered organization with SEC Registration Number CN201632093, the Association of Scholarly Editors is a Scientific and Professional organization with more than 2,000 individual members across the country. The organization is committed to train for advanced skills as chief and associate editors, managing editors, copy editors; to exchange best practices in editorial services; and link with international editors for bench marking of practices.